Stephen's Summer of 2005

A personal and experimental blog about my summer travels in 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada

I live, work and play in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Travel to Saskatoon

Today i made my way to Saskatoon down the Yellowhead highway. I left Edmonton in mid-morning with rainy skies. As it turned out, it rained, drizzled and downpoured in various degrees until just before S'toon.


Along the way i stopped by Vegreville to see
the
world's biggest Pysanka (Easter Egg)

Not much to see along the route with all the rain. At Maidstone, an early Black settlement on the prairies, i came upon what seemed like a fellow drowning in the descending torrents, who was hitching his way to Saskatoon. I picked up Brian Myshak, who not wanting to wait for an evening bus decided to hitchhike as his wife was admitted to a Saskatoon hospital. I hope she gets well soon.


Brian Patrick Myshak